Sunday, January 24, 2010

Jan 11 2010

0 comments
~
We got the ensigns with the general conference talks so we´re reading them, my tongue is getting better and better at speaking in spanish, reading out loud has helped a lot, after reading for a long time my tongue is seriously tired. It´s crazy, I´m always listening, and trying to imitate them, when they talk a lot of times I´ll watch their mouths to see how it´s done. The tongue is really active, you kind of have to relax it to talk as fast as they do.
This week I learned that if I have a thought I need to express it, becuase if my companion has the same thought, then chances are that it´s the spirit. We both had the thought to go see this lady who lost her brother 2 weeks ago in a jail in peru from some crazy disease, and we went there, and her cousins 22 year old son died the day before in an accident, so we were able to talk to her and try and help her understand the plan of salvation a little better. So I´m learning little by little how to trust in the spirit. So everything is great, I bought some really strong cheeze someone told me was good, and it was amazing. I´m just so happy I can be out here, the mission is honestly like a time machine, I get two years to take a break from the world and just grow and grow, thanks for everything, this is awesome.

0 comments: