Friday, July 8, 2011

July 5, 2011

0 comments
~ Familia,
So I just ate a bocadillo (a sandwich with spanish bread) with horse meat, and it was way good. I heard that they sold Jamon de Caballo, and I had to try it. The taste is way unique and way strong, but in a sandwich with some good spanish cheese it´s amazing.
My comp isn´t new, he´s been here in this area for four months now. he´s called Elder Carey, and he´s from Bountiful and he´s awesome. It´s really a privilege to be here with him in Ponferrada, the mision is one big adventure, just like real life.
The other night we happened to be here for the annual night of the templar knights, and we live right next to the castle, and a huge parade of knights went right in front of our piso and they carried the arc of the covenant, and the holy grail into the castle and they lit fire works and it was cool. We took that as our 4th of July celebracion.
So in the mission I´ve gotten to like cutting my own hair, so if you see hair clippers in sam´s club or costco it would be cool to have one up at byu. We should come back here next year or in a couple of years so I can show you guys around Spain. I would love to see everyone again. I´m excited to see the lights of Vegas again. I think the first thing I wanna eat is a double double from "in n out" haha. But until then elder Carey and I are gunna work like crazy here in Ponferrada, thanks for everything. have a good day and a great week.
elder ross

0 comments: