Friday, July 8, 2011

June 22, 2011

0 comments
~ Familia mía,
today for p´day we went to the mision home, and played a bunch of sports. two of the hermanas challenge elder mateer (the other british elder in our apartment) and I to a tennis match, and they played good but we defended our honor and beat them. Then we played american football for a little bit and then we played fútbol sala with everyone. We made up four teams and we played king of the court. The first team to score two goals stayed on to keep playing. My comp and I were the best ones, we scored quite a few goals. Even though we ended feeling tired it was a great way to release stress.
There´s some awesome missionaries in Madrid. Our district is especially awesome. We´re all worried that someone from our district is going to be transfered this next week and we hope it doesn´t happen. Every week after district meeting we eat lunch, and everyone brings food. This last week my comp and I made tortilla de papas which is one of the most common spanish dishes and the two, we made turned out amazing. Everyone was impressed. One of the sisters made Sal Morejo which is a cold soup like gazpacho, and then we made this watermelon drink that a colombian member showed us how to make and it was amazing. One of the elders is going home in a week and this was his last district meeting, so we gave him a hard time the whole time. I spoke in district meeting on the importance to get married after the mission, and it was funny cause I said it wasn´t my council but actually the council of the apostels and prophets, and read from the conference talks and Dallin H. oaks talks about it in his talk desire and Richard G. Scott talks about it in his talk about eternal marriage, and the prophet talks about it in his talk to the preisthood, and it was hilarios. They basically all said that anyone who´s in the age of getting married should put it as his number one priority find a wife and get married. It was hilarious. Then the sisters made a cake, and on top of the cake put a wedding cake ornament of a man and a women getting married and that also was way funny. The mission is the best.
Trevor McDonough wrote me a letter in spanish and it was hilarious, I´ll have to talk to him in spanish when I get back.
I´m excited to start this next transfer, and I hope I can consecrate myself to the lord and give everything I have to the work. Thanks for everything. the picture of the dogs is great, I hope the little one isn´t too big when by the time I get back.
elder ross

0 comments: