Sunday, May 9, 2010

May 3, 2010

0 comments
~ My birthday was really good, the night before we ate super good seafood pizza at an investigator´s house, and they are super nice, and on Saturday we played fútbol with the young men, and they had threatened to throw eggs and flour on me because it was my birthday for the entire week before, but they forgot, so I was safe. After fútbol we ate at a members house who takes care of an older man who is hilarious. He´s like 85, and he can´t hear very good, but he´s always making jokes and laughing, I was saying the prayer for the food, and he started laughing and I started laughing and it took me a while to stop. He´s got a good attitude. after that we visted a less active member who´s living in a motor home now in a city at the north end of the island, and we shared a good message with him and left him a chapter in the Book of Mormon to read, he has changed a lot since I´ve been here. The testimony meeting we had the day after was amazing, it was Mother´s day here, and it was powerful. The testimonies of the humble people here are awesome.
That makes me super happy that Jeff really likes the dental field, I still really feel like that is what I want to do, I want to give people good smiles. I´m going to have to work hard in school when I get back but it´ll be worth it. So we are flying to the island of Tenerife this Friday and we´ll fly back Saturday night. I´m excited to visit that island, and see my comp from Madrid Elder Anderson. We are going to have a big fútbol game between the las palmas zone and the tenerife zone, and it´s gunna be epic. So yeah everything is going great, the mission is the best, thanks for letting me experience this, you have always been great examples. It´s a miracle that I´m out here.
elder ross

0 comments: