Friday, January 14, 2011

January 12, 2011

0 comments
~ Cristian got baptized, and his whole family came and a bunch of the members came, and helped with the baptizm and made a bunch of food, and it was awesome to see everyone working together and everything. We had one of the priests baptize him, and he did really good. The first time he didn´t go all the way under, cause he´s pretty big, but the priest didn´t get nervous, and the second time was good. It was good to see the priest get excited about baptizing someone, and now him and Cristian have a cool bond together I think. I´ve gotten a bunch of christmas letters from everyone, I can´t believe Sarah is gunna have twins, that´s crazy, and asa and Lucy look so big. The pioneer pageant that Debbie and Reid were in looked way fun too. I can´t wait to get home and study more of the history of the church. So we found out about transfers and the thing is that i´m going... to stay and see Elder Kap finish his mision here in Las Palmas. He´s the third person I´ve been with till the end. I´ve only had amazing examples all my mission so I have no other choice but to work hard till the very end. I think I might be here for one more transfer after this one to train the next elder that comes to replace poor elder Kap. I don´t miss a chance to remind elder Kap that he´s going home in a month. There was only one elder that went to the peninsula from the islands and all the others are staying for another transfer and it´s crazy cause a lot have been in the same area for a long time. One of the kids from Fuerteventura got sent to this city to live with his grandma cause he had some bad friends in Fuertevenura, so we´re going to work with him and keep an eye on him over here, and it made me so happy to see him and hear that he was going to live here for a while. Everything is going great, elder Kap and I are going to cut our medio dia in half for this transfer so elder kap can use as much time as possible to be a missionary. We´re teaching a lot and talking to a lot of people everyday. We have another baptism scheduled for the 23rd with a kid from Paraguay that is awesome. And the uncle of the kid who just got baptized might get baptized too we think, so everything is going great. The 25th we have zone conference and everyone´s excited to come over here to Las Palmas for a day or two. Thanks for everything, I hope all is good in Las Vegas, how are the cactuses(i know it´s cacti but it sounds weird)? anyways have a good week and I´ll talk to you later!
elder ross

0 comments: