Wednesday, February 16, 2011

January 26, 2011

0 comments
~ Hola Familia, I don´t have much time this week because right now we are going to teach the kid named Pablo who´s going to get baptized today at 6, and then I have to go to an interview I have to renew my residency, and then we are going to have p-day with all the missionaries who are on their way here from the other two islands and we´re going to visit the northern part of this island, and then we´re going to have the baptism, so we left early to right emails. You have to thank Jonathan a mountain for sending me his fantasy football winnings, I´ve been out of money since the middle of this month because I didn´t send in my receipts to be reimbursed last month, and the money that he and the Hollyoaks and the Orozcos sent me has saved me haha que buena gente. Pablo is golden, he´s ready to get baptized, we look on the internet at his address in Paraguay where he´s going to live and there were like 40 chapels within his province, so i´m so excited for him to go over there and see how strong the church is. He´s gunna be a strong member. I forgot to tell you guys, last week we went up to one of the pueblos in the mountains to visit a family in the ward, and we ate palomas. Palomas both dove and pidgeon, it´s the same name, and in our case they were pidgeons. And they were so good. One day we visited them and they had one pidgeon in a cage, and I was thinking how strange to keep a pidgeon as a pet (even though I have done that before), and then I asked them why they had it and they told me you eat them, and they said that it was even better than chicken and so from then on I wanted to try them. So he has a friend who does studies on palomas and he gives them palomas every once and awhile and so we planned on going up one day and eating pidgeons and we went up and he showed us how to kill them, clean them, and cook them, and they were amazing. so now when we see pidgeons in the street we get hungry. That´ll be the first canary dish that I make for you guys. have a great week!
elder ross

0 comments: