Sunday, March 21, 2010

Chicken Adventure

0 comments
~ Everything is going great, the branch here is awesome, every Sunday the president has us over to eat dinner, and yesterday one of the chickens got out of the chicken coop when we were about to leave, and we chased it all around, and then I cornered it ad grabbed it, and they couldn´t believe it. haha I told them that the chickens were my favorite on grandma and grandpa´s farm. It was funny cause they gave use eggs, and then later a member came and picked us up to teach with us, and he gave us a big bag of eggs too, so we´re good on eggs for the next couple of weeks. The people here are so laid back, they really remind me of everyone in Idaho, they fish a ton, and a lot of them live outside of the city with small farms. They´re helping us a lot with the work, we just need to keep finding people. In the weekly bulletin from the mission it´s interesting what they say about this mission, how we don´t find as many people, but we baptize more, so Elder Wardell and I are really going to focus in getting new references, to get new investigators. We´re learning a lot of spanish each day because he came out in the group just ahead of me so we´re both still learning, but our contacts in the street keep getting better and better. Everyone says I sound like I´m from Jerez, and it makes me laugh, the people in Jerez would be proud. We are doing our emails today but we won´t have p-day till Friday cause we have zone conference on Saturday, so we´re going to fly to the Island Grand Canaria Friday morning, and have p´day, and then Saturday we´ll have zone conference, and then we will come back Saturday night. It´s going to be awesome I´m sure. So fuerteventura is known for their goats, and they make the best cheeze, and it is really good. The water is so clear on the beaches, we might go fishing one p-day with one of the members, which would be fun. I´m learning so much everyday, it´s amazing, I need to open my mind allow the spirit to come in and teach. It´s awesome. Thanks for everything I love you all stay happy!

0 comments: