Monday, March 8, 2010

Fuerteventura

0 comments
~ This place is so cool. It´s more relaxed than Jerez I think, there´s not that many people on this island of Fuerteventura. They say that the beaches here are some of the best there are, but on the island it´s all desert. My companion is Elder Wardell from Cedar Hills. Jerez is down to two elders now, Elder Solari and Elder Gleason, they are good together. it was sad to leave Elder Solari, but it´s all good. I talked to them two days ago and they said that it rained so hard that there was a mini flood in all the zone of cadiz. So if I´m going to stay in the Malaga mission I´ll have to come back up in three transfers, because then it will be changed. It´s possible, but who knows. Either way it´s going to be awesome, I could say that I was one of the last missionaries from the Malaga mission to be sent to the islands, or I could say that I went from Andalucia down to the Canarias, and then all the way up to Galicia at the very top of Spain. I flew from Sevilla to the main island Gran Canaria with two other elders and then in a different plane by myself I flew to Fuerteventura. For district meetings we use a camera, and have a video conference with the island above ours Lanzarote. And for zone conferences we fly to Gran Canaria. It´s such a big change going from an area with 4 elders and a whole zone that is always together, to a desert island where we´re the only ones here, but I love it. The branch here is cool, the branch president has been the branch president for almost 20 years now, he is really cool, every Sunday we go to his house which is out of the city I´m in(Puerte del Rosario) and go to this town in the mountains where he lives. It's really relaxed here, It´s awesome, such a good environment to progress. Our apartment is directly above the chapel, which is awesome, and the chapel has a ping pong table which is amazing! Here there´s a bunch of people from Africa and there´s a bunch of Arabics, we played futbol with a whole bunch of them this Saturday and they were all really good, but we still represented. Fuerteventura means strong adventure.

0 comments: