Monday, March 29, 2010

March 22 and 29th letters

0 comments
~ So we had zone conference, and it was awesome, we talked a lot about diligence, and we heard a lot of experiences of missionaries that stayed diligent in the search for people until the last minute of the day and found people who were baptized. One elder found a lady like that, and she was baptized in three weeks, and now has been to the temple and everything, it just shows that we gotta be faithful until the very end. The island we flew to is the main island of the Canarias, and the capital city Las Palmas is so big, the buildings are huge and there´s a ton of people compared to Fuerteventura where we are. So I think I´ll be in the Madrid mission for sure, but I´m excited either way, it´s going to be sad to see President Mellor and Sister Mellor leave, they are awesome. So everything is good, I can´t really think of anything I need for my birthday, everything is great, Elder Wardell is awesome, and we´re learning and growing a bunch.
The weeks are flying, president said that the days turn into weeks and the weeks into months on the mission and it´s so true, I just have to remember to learn and grow as much as I can everyday. On Saturday we´ll go to the chapel to watch general conference on the projector with the branch, I´m really excited, the last general conference that we watched I was in the MTC Madrid, and it was powerful. I want to try to prepare myself spiritually for this whole week. Our president didn´t say anything about how the misions would be changed this last zone conference, but just from what the letter said about the change I think I´ll be changed to Madrid. It would be awesome to go all the way up to Galicia, but I want to talk like the people here and in Jerez. I might just have a mix of all of them haha. Here it´s cool because there´s a lot of people from South America, so I know how they talk, and I´m learning the words they use. There´s also a bunch of people here from Africa, and a hole bunch of Arabics who are muslims. Every muslim we´ve talked to has been super nice, they are really faithful in their religion, and believe a lot of the same things. They believe that Jesus was the greatest prophet that there has been, but they don´t believe that He is the Son of God. It´s cool to talk to so many people from such different places. The people from Africa are always so humble, and have faith in God. Arabic is such a crazy language, I wish I knew it. Oh yeah, and there´s a bunch of Chinese people too. They own these stores that sell everything for way cheap. The Arabs and Chinese people learn spanish quickly even though their languages are way different from spanish, it´s funny cause we´re here from all around the world and we comunicate and work together all speaking spanish. I new spanish would be useful, but I didn´t even realize how many people speak it. I didn´t even realize that it was already Easter. The Semana Santa starts this week on Thursday I think. I know in the peninsula (spain mainland) the Semana Santa is always really big, but down here I don´t think it´s the same, but I know they still carry the statues through the streets, it´ll be cool to see I guess. Everything is going great, I hope that everythings good in the Meadows 8th ward, I miss everyone so much, it´s different when there´s not so many people. I am the designated director of music in Sacrament meeting, and I´m horrible at it, I told them that I kind-of had some idea of how to lead, and they have me do it every Sunday. There´s a mom who plays that piano and when she´s there it´s easier (even though I mess her up sometimes) but yesterday cause we changed our clocks she didn´t show up till the very end so I had to lead and everyone was singing acappella, it was hilarious. But I´m getting better I think or at least that´s what they say, haha. They´re are such good people. well everything is going awesome. elder ross

0 comments: