Thursday, September 9, 2010

Sept, 8 - First Baptism

0 comments
~ The baptism went great, and we gave him the holy ghost on Sunday and it was awesome, there is a mom and a daughter that we are teaching, and during sacrament meeting I said to her that that was the first baptism that I have had, and she said, don´t worry you´ll have two more before you leave, talking about them two, so i guess we´ll see. It was super sad to see my comp leave. He left me an English futbol jersey which is awesome. I still don´t want to buy rachel a spanish national team jersey just cause it´s really just that insanely expensive, i´m sure online you could find them for half the price, so if you look and you find a good price buy me one too .
My New companion is named Elder Kap, and he is an amazing elder. I really don´t deserve so many just amazing companions. We both drink a liter of milk a day and a bunch of water, and we like exercising. We love talking to people in the streets, we are really similar and i´m going to grow a mountain while i´m with him. He´s from Pleasant View UT. north of Ogden, and he goes home in February. I hope I can stay here for as long as possible. Driving is ridiculous, but i´ve already learned a ton in two days, and I haven´t crashed. A cop was behind me at an intersection and when the light turned green I didn´t pop the clutch but almost, and like 3 seconds later the cop turned it´s lights on and I thought I was done for so I pulled over and he just drove by, it was a big scare. But everything is great, the mission president and his wife visited us to do a piso (apartment) check, and our piso is really old, it used to be the old mission home for the islands and it has so much stuff that we don´t use, so at first president said that we had to get everything fixed and we had to throw away all the broken stuff, but by the end, the list of things to do was so long that he said it would be better if we just moved pisos so we are in the process of looking for a new piso as well, so we got tons to do, and the adventure just get´s better and better, I miss you all, stay happy and i´ll see you later.
elder ross

0 comments: