Thursday, September 23, 2010

September 22

0 comments
~ Everything is going great, I haven´t crashed yet, and now I can parallel park like no other, I swear driving those golf carts around all day helps me drive here. That´s insane they have up to 50 students in a class. So Rachel is a sophmore now? No puede ser... so we still have a baptismal date for the friend of the recent convert, and we started teaching his whole family, so we´ll see if they progress too. It´s kinda hard with such a big area cause we teach people who don´t have a car who live really far away from the church and it´s hard for them to make it on Sunday, or attend consistently, but I guess those who have the faith will come no matter how far they have to travel. So the cactuses get pretty dang big, they grow taller than your head, and branch out from the middle like 3 feet maybe. So the family that gave us those cactuses has three daughters and one son who have families, and the daughter who was our neighbor in fuerteventura just moved to a pueblo on this island where I´m at, and we ate lunch with them yesterday and it was cool to see them again, their kids are hilarious. The church made an instructional dvd called the district that went with one district and video taped them and it helps us learn to be better missionaries, and now they´ve come out with a new one, and it´s really good. They ask a lot of questions and really try to fit the lessons to each individual, and the last three days in the morning all the leaders in the mission with president Watkins, got together and we joined by camara to watch the new videos and learn, and it´s really cool to see how missionaries are coming out more and more prepared to baptize from the beginning. Thanks for the package, I did get it but it was like 2 weeks ago and I forgot to tell you I got it but it is awesome, that beef jerky was amazing! and I still can´t believe that p-nut butter has no hydrogenated oils, what a blessing haha. I gave the stickers to the member and she was super happy, she tried to give me money but I wouldn´t take it so she said we have to eat at her house once a week now, and she´s from Venezuela and she cooks amazing. I miss my old comp but my new one is awesome so it´s all good, we´re having loads of fun. Les echo un monton de menos, y les quiero mucho!
elder ross

0 comments: