Sunday, September 5, 2010

Aug 18. 2010

0 comments
~ We did a bunch of contacts last week me and my comp. and we did splits with some elders at the south of the island and got them a bunch of contacts too. We were trying to get everyone excited about doing them, and when our numbers came in on Sunday there was a huge difference. Almost every companionship at least doubled and some tripled and some quadrupled their number of contacts, so President Watkins is happy and so am I. It´s gotten to be a bit of a competition, and no one in our zone has beat us yet for the week. The kid I trained and his comp from spain did beat our most contacts in one day record though and now it´s set at 46 so we have to try to beat that now. They are the newest elders in the mission and they are doing as many contacts as anyone so that´s cool. It seems like the friendly competition works for this group, I know it´s what get´s me going at least. We heard that my first comp Elder Solari who stayed in the Málaga mision got put in today as A.P. So that´s cool. In our group of three, Elder Anderson & Elder Solari were put in as Z.L. after 4 transfers, I trained after 5 transfers now elder Anderson is the office elder of Madrid, and I´m Z.L. and Elder Solari is now A.P. So we´ve had a great start to the mission. The experiences of the mission are priceless.
This weeks it´s going to be hard to get our contacts in Las Palmas cause we are on the island of Lanzarote now, which is the desert Island north of Fuerteventura. We got here Monday and worked with them and celebrated my comp Elder Woodland´s 21 birthday, Elder Jensen baked him a cake the day before, and we surprised him with it when they got home for the afternoon, and then we happened to find a giant stuffed giraffe in the street so we took that to the apartment and put a happy birthday sign on it and it was funny. Monday night elder Jensen and I went to the house of a member in a village, and we taught her non member mom who is super nice the plan of salvacion. They had a huge garden, and I said that the plants are so detailed and amazing that they are evidence to me that God created them and put all nature here and gave it all a purpose, a purpose that they all fulfill really well.
You guys are crazy letting Rachel drive you anywhere let alone some place far. I do not support her driving at all. I can´t think of anything more dangerous. For the longest time I didn´t want to ask cause I knew it would distract me, but will my car still be in one piece when I get home??? oh well, at least I´ve learned to love walking so it´s all good, haha. well we´re going to spend this p-day here in Lanzarote with Elders Jensen (utah) and Mater (england). My comp knew elder Mater before the mission in england, but he´s just starting the mission, so my comp is trying to impart his council before he goes home.

0 comments: