Monday, August 2, 2010

July 19

0 comments
~ Que guay, (how cool) I remember hearing that talk. It was cool to hear that it really is though the twelve apostols that we are called to the areas that we are in. It gives me the faith I need to work hard. That´s cool they sent me a letter about the mission change also. So This week we will hear about transfers, and I really don´t want to leave this island! For that reason I´ll most likely be transfered, but I hate saying good bye to all your friends, the people are so nice here, I told the president of the branch on the way to his house to eat on Sunday. That I would cry if I didn´t get to eat tunos before I left, those are the fruits from the cacti, cause they get ripe in mid august, and he said what a shame it would be, but after we ate at his house he brought out some tunos that his wife had found and bought especially for me, and they were amazing. He said he´s jealous of me because his wife always makes us special food and gives us treats haha. There are such good strong people here. We were going to set a date for baptism on Saturday but our investigator got called in to work in the ambulance and then we were going to have a lesson to set the date on Monday but the same thing happened, and now he has work till next week, so if I´m not here next week at least elder slack will be able to get a baptism in his first area. Everything is going good, I miss you guys, but it´s all good, the Book of Mormon is true, and it´s sad that so many people blindfully don´t accept it, we were walking all around the city on Monday with just about no one to talk to, and these old Jehovas witness ladies wanted to talk, so we started talking and I testified of the Book of Mormon and they said that the Bible doesn´t say anything about the B of M so it can´t be true, and I just thought how silly is that, and the scripture in Nephi came to my mind that says why are you complaining to have more word of God. Then I started testifying that Jesus is Jehova, and they freaked. They tried to give us all these scriptures in the Bible that go against that and they said that we don´t study the Bible but we just left, and then that night we searched in the Bible for scriptures, and we found in Corinthians 10: 1-4 where Paul teaches simply that Jesus is Jehova, and it makes me sad that people so faithfull can be so blinded by the precepts and teachings of man mingled with scripture. But anyways, we´re going to keep the bible bashing to a minimum, but if they start bringing all these scriptures on us that is the one scripture I will give to them. They were really nice old ladies but still. Everything is going great thanks for all the support you´ve always given me. Have fun and i´ll talk to you later.

0 comments: