Wednesday, November 3, 2010

October 20, 2010

0 comments
~ Familia, everything is going good. Eduard still wants to get baptized on the 30 of october, and his little brother who has eleven years is progressing really fast. Their dad is getting more and more comfortable with us and with what we teach his kids. it would be awesome if he got baptized too, but we´ll see what happens. The mother and daughter that we were teaching now don´t want to receive the lessons because they don´t have time. So that´s super sad, but we´ll keep passing by their house every once and a while. I think that if my old comp. Elder Woodland would have stayed we would still be teaching them cause he was the one that found them, but no worries, the mom says she knows that the Book of Mormon is true and that it´s just because she doesn´t have time. The hardest part about the mission work is getting to know people and sharing spiritual experiences with them and then seeing them go the way of the world and decide that they don´t want to hear any more. The things in this world blind us and lull us away into a false sense of security.
I was thinking, that if you´re going to send something, send me like two packs of those big tortillas that aren´t cooked yet, that you cook in the pan you know? Aw man I´ve been dreaming about those for a long time. It´s weird but they don´t sell tortillas here. If you find them they come in packs of 6 and they cost like 6 dollars. So anyways, I haven´t crashed yet and I´ve gotten way better at shifting and at parallel parking, and the members here are helping us lots and ya everything is going good. The parents of the big family from fuerteventura that gave me the cactuses came over to visist their daughter who just moved over here and we´re going to eat lunch with them so i´m stoked for that. Thanks for everything, my shirts are incredibly dirty so if you sent me like 2 that would also be a huge help. Those talks on my ipod from the 50´s and all the church c.d.´s are so awesome, the word has really become delicious to me like it talks about in alma 32:27-28. Whenever I have free time I want to study the scriptures and ponder the teachings of Christ. The scriptures are the best. Thanks for everything you guys are the best, don´t worry be happy!
elder ross

0 comments: